The Camera Never Lies: A Laugh Out Loud Tale of Life in the Spotlight by Tess Daly (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBritt Baxter is unaware of the effect she has on people. A big-hearted, -nsense rthern girl, she naturally looks for the best in everyone she meets, but in her attempts to make it as a model she finds she struggles against being pinned down on the casting couch by the most unlikely people...So when a happy accident lands her a career as a presenter on breakfast television, it looks as if she has made it out of the modelling world of close-ups and cattle calls and into the big time - or at least daytime TV. But scarcely has Britt had time to wonder at how far she has come, when backstage machinations propel her with ever increasing speed through a series of trapdoors and she soon realises that the drama backstage far eclipses anything that happens in front of the camera. Tess Daly has written a fast-paced vel with perfect comic timing and as many twists and turns in the plot as her heroine has costume changes. With language that fizzes on the page, eugh romance to make the Sex and the City girls blush and a cast of characters that includes American-smoothie heartthrob Hollywood reporter Josh Bailey, Rise and Shine's co-hosts Cherry Smith - kwn for her tinkling laugh and penchant for toyboys - and lecherous family man Ken Chudleigh who always has a hand in the cake tin. The Camera Never Lies is both hilarious and hair-raising, a glamorous and revealing tale of love behind the scenes from the popular Strictly Come Dancing presenter. 'Fun, sad and packed with glamour and deceit, this brilliantly written read will have you hooked.' 5* Closer 'It's a whirlwind of glitz, glamour and sex.' Heat 'The gorgeous and fearless Tess has stuck her neck out and written a delightfully sharp and well-observed vel (4 stars)' Mirror 'Tess has written a brilliant debut full of memorable characters and gasp-out-loud scenarios.' Star
- Author BiographyTess Daly worked as a model for ten years before moving to New York where she began to write for the likes of Paper Magazine. Tess made her first television presenter appearance on The Big Breakfast in 2000. She has gone on to present numerous shows including nine series of Strictly Come Dancing. Tess writes a weekly fashion column for The Mirror and has her own award winning Daly Beauty range. The Camera Never Lies is her debut novel following publication of The Baby Diaries in 2010 which documents her journey through motherhood. Tess is mum to two daughters Phoebe and Amber.
- Author(s)Tess Daly
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCoronet Books
- Content NoteN/A
- Weight502 g
- Width150 mm
- Height33 mm
- Spine218 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.