All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionLucid and comprehensive, The Canadian Regime provides a unique analysis of Canada's political regime by challenging readers to think of the political system as an organic entity where change in one area inevitably ripples through the rest of the system. The book's focus on the inner logic of parliamentary government explains the rationale for Canada's relatively complex political system. The new edition includes analysis of the 2011 federal election and the implications of a return to majority government rule. Discussions of the Constitution, Charter, Senate reform, and judicial appointments are all updated, and new material is provided on the prorogation controversy, voter turut, equalization payments, and prime ministerial government. The Canadian Regime continues to provide the most accessible introduction to the institutions, processes, and principles of the Canadian political system.
- Author BiographyPatrick Malcolmson is Professor of Political Science and former Vice-President (Academic) at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Richard Myers is President of St. Paul's University College at the University of Waterloo.
- Author(s)Patrick Malcolmson,Richard Myers
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Out-of-print date17/02/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.