All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its sixth edition, The Canadian Regime continues to provide the most accessible introduction to the institutions, processes, and principles of the Canadian political system. The book's focus on the inner logic of parliamentary government explains the rationale for Canada's relatively complex political system, which the authors encourage readers to think of as an organic entity, where change in one area inevitably ripples through the rest of the system. The new edition includes the results of Canada's 2015 federal election and looks ahead to consider changes resulting from the Liberal victory. It has been thoroughly updated and revised and introduces several new topics, such as the impact of the previous Conservative government on the conventions and practices of parliamentary government and the important influence of social media on politics. Two new co-authors, Gerald Baier and Thomas M.J. Bateman, join Patrick Malcolmson and Richard Myers to bring new expertise in the areas of federalism, judicial politics, Charter jurisprudence, political parties, and the ongoing health care debate.
- Author BiographyPatrick Malcolmson is Professor of Political Science and former Vice-President (Academic) at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Richard Myers is President of St. Paul's University College at the University of Waterloo. Gerald Baier is Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of British Columbia. Thomas M.J. Bateman is Associate Professor at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Author(s)Gerald Baier,Patrick Malcolmson,Richard Myers,Tom Bateman
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.