All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionLucid and readable, The Canadian Regime is a well-established, well-kwn introduction to Canadian government. By explaining the inner logic of parliamentary government, as well as the underlying rationale for its institutions and processes, the authors demystify what might appear to be a relatively complex political system. Urging readers to consider the organic nature of the political system-in which change in one area inevitably ripples through the rest of the system-the authors provide much more than just a description of the features of government. The fourth edition has been updated to include analysis of the 2008 Canadian federal election. Discussions of responsible government and the role of the Goverr General have been revised and expanded. Coalition government, the Single Transferable Vote, and the emergence of the Green Party are explained and new developments in Senate reform and Supreme Court appointments are also covered.
- Author BiographyPatrick Malcolmson is currently Vice-President (Academic) at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, New Brunswick and formerly served as the Chair of the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission. Richard Myers is President of Algoma University and Professor of Political Science in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
- Author(s)Patrick Malcolmson,Richard Myers
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Out-of-print date17/02/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight360 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.