All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive sourcebook combines evidence-based insights from more than 1,000 studies from cannabiid and consciousness research to present a convincing case for the powerful healing effects of medical marijuana on over 100 chronic symptoms and diseases. Written by a former paramedic with a PhD in alternative healthcare, this in-depth reference shows that the subtle shifts in awareness commonly observed in cannabis-using patients vastly contribute to these compounds' therapeutic potential. The Cannabis Health Index is organized into condition-specific chapters, with eye-catching ratings of cannabis efficacy for each symptom, along with recommendations for use, and sidebars that suggest related mindfulness-based practices that enhance the body's own ability to heal. Organized alphabetically from aging to wound care, with sections on a variety of conditions including infections, cancer, cardiovascular health, eye diseases, inflammatory diseases, neurological diseases, and much more, the Index reveals that the huge body of scientific studies focused on cannabis is a tremendously under-utilized repository of kwledge. In synthesizing the findings of these studies, Blesching brings clarity to the process of making informed decisions about cannabis as a valid treatment. Informative, user-friendly, and practical, The Cannabis Health Index presents striking evidence that cannabis is remarkable safe and effective when used within the proper therapeutic window, especially compared with the risks of managing chronic symptoms with pharmaceuticals.
- Author BiographyUwe Blesching is Editor-in-Chief of Healing Times magazine and author of Spicy Healing: A Global Guide to Growing and Using Spices for Food and Medicine and Cuba's Carnival: Origins of the Biggest Party on Earth. He is a regular contributor to Mind-Body-Medicine, and a medical journalist who focuses on cannabinoid medicine, phytopharmacology, evidence-based alternative protocols for the prevention and treatment of malaria, pregnancy, and venereal diseases. He was a Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic and a firefighter for the city of San Francisco. He holds a B.A. in Humanities from the New College of California; and an M.A. in Psychology and a PhD in Higher Education and Social Change from the Western Institute for Social Research.
- Author(s)Uwe Blesching
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Note55 black and white illustrations and charts
- Weight1179 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.