All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionSince childhood, Riley has been a keen collector of bubble gum cards. Now, thirty years later, the one card missing from his collection is the legendary card 19 from the 1967 Mission Impossible television series, of which only one exists. One day a mysterious grey-haired man drops a playing card in a deserted alley. Riley picks it up. Is it a secret sign? Before long, he is finding all kinds of bubble gum and cigarette cards on the street, each one apparently containing a further hidden clue to a coded message. Will Riley rise to the challenge and discover the secret of the cards? And will he ever find illusive card 19? Exquisitely written, extremely funny, and visually stunning, The Card is the utterly unforgettable story of a man who views the world - and everything in it - just a little bit differently from the rest of us.
- Author BiographyGraham Rawle is a writer and collage artist whose visual work incorporates illustration, design, photography and installation. His popular series, 'Lost Consonants' appeared in the Guardian magazine for 15 years. Among his published books are Diary of an Amateur Photographer and The Wizard of Oz, winner of the 2009 Book of the Year at the British Book Design Awards. His acclaimed novel Woman's World is being made into a feature film. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Graham Rawle
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Content Note10 b/w illustrations
- Weight636 g
- Width142 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.