All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionRichard J. Regan's new translation of texts from Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica IIII--on the virtues prudence, justice, fortitude, and temperance--combines accuracy with an accessibility unmatched by previous presentations of these texts. While remaining true to Aquinas' Latin and preserving a question-and-answer format, the translation judiciously omits references and citations unessential to the primary argument. It thereby clears a path through the original especially suitable for beginning students of Aquinas. Regan's Introduction carefully situates Aquinas' analysis of these virtues within the greater ethical system of the Summa Theologica , and each selection is introduced by a thoughtful headte. A glossary of key terms and a select bibliography are also included.
- Author BiographyRichard J. Regan is Professor of Political Science, Fordham University.
- Author(s)Richard J. Regan,Saint Thomas Aquinas
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight232 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.