All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionSpinal paralysis is probably the most devastat- the President of the International Medical So- ing of all the illnesses that can befall man. Only ciety of Paraplegia. He has made many signifi- a few years ago, 80% of spinal victims were cant contributions, both in the initial treatment dead within three years due to the complica- and in the later rehabilitation of spinal cord tions that frequently accompany the condition. victims. He is a man who truly cares about peo- Today, the situation is quite diH'erent and 80% ple. He is superbly organized, meticulous in his of spinal victims have a relatively rmal life planning, and energetic in his execution of expectancy. The author of this book was one of goals. He demands and receives perfection the first to realize that if a paraplegic patient is from his staff. As a result, his Spinal Unit in carefully looked after in the early stages of his Perth, Australia is one of the best treatment illness and if all of the potential complications and rehabilitation centers in the world. His are prevented, that individual can eventually kwledge, from both the scientific and prac- recover sufficient function to live a productive tical viewpoints, is truly staggering-a fact that and independent life. This basic concept un- is quite obvious from the details contained in derlies the modern approach to the treatment this book. of spinal injuries.
- Author(s)G.M. Bedbrook
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight906 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byR.W. Jackson
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.