Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionGad Heuman provides a comprehensive introduction the history of the Caribbean, from its earliest inhabitants to contemporary political and cultural developments. Topics covered include: - The Amerindians - Sugary and Slavery - Race, Racism and Equality - The Aftermath of Emancipation - The Revolutionary Caribbean - Cultures of the Caribbean This new edition is fully revised and updated, with new material on the pre-Columbian era and the Hispanic Caribbean. It takes account t only of the political and social struggles that have shaped the Caribbean, but also provides a sense of the development of the region's culture. The Caribbean: A Brief History is ideal for students and those seeking a clear and readable introduction to Caribbean history.
- Author BiographyGad Heuman is Professor Emeritus in the History Department and is a past Director of the Centre for Caribbean Studies at the University of Warwick, UK.
- Author(s)Gad J. Heuman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.