All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on from the success of the War Dead series in counties Tipperary, Wexford, Wicklow and Offaly, Tom Burnell w turns his attention to County Carlow and the unfortunate soldiers from this area who lost their lived during the First World War. After tireless research, Tom Burnell has put together a comprehensive record of the soldiers, officers, sailors, airmen and nursing sisters, who listed their next of kin as being from Carlow. The men and women houred in The Carlow War Dead died in the service of the British Army, the Australian Army, the New Zealand Army, the American Army, the Indian Army, the Canadian Army, the South African Army, the Royal Navy or the British Mercantile Marine. Such a list, combined with intricate data and neverbefore-seen correspondence and photographs, is an essential addition to any local historian or military enthusiast's bookshelf.
- Author BiographyTom Burnell is the author of many books, including The Anglicized words of Irish Placenames, The Tipperary War Dead, and The Wicklow War Dead.
- Author(s)Tom Burnell
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.