All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionScience fiction, medievalism and corporate intrigue combine in The Cartographer's Apprentice. An Irish scientist, employed by the multinational Martel, discovers and tries to exploit the secret of a strange Catalan village in this formidable work of metafiction. The Cartographer's Apprentice is a translation from the Irish Gaelic of An Tionscadal, winner of the 2006 Oireachtas award. It has been described as a radical new departure in Irish fiction.
- Author BiographyTomas Mac Siomoin is an award-winning Gaelic novelist, storyteller, poet, and journalist. A doctoral graduate of Cornell University, he has lived in Catalonia since 1998. Translations from, and into, Spanish and Catalan, including Juan Rolfe's Pedro Paramour and the poetry of Ernesto Cardinal, figure among his work, along with polemical essays of cultural and political analysis. His poetry has been translated into many European languages, most recently Slovenian, Romanian and Turkish. His short story Music in the Bone has been selected by The Dalkey Archive Press for inclusion in Best European Fiction 2013.
- Author(s)Tomas Mac Siomoin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.