All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cartoon History of the Modern World is a wickedly funny take on modern history. It is essentially a complete and up-to-date course in college level Modern World History, but presented as a graphic vel. In an engaging and humorous graphic style, Larry Gonick covers the history, personalities and big topics that have shaped our universe over the past five centuries, including the Industrial Revolution, the American Revolution, the Russian Revolution, the evolution of political, social, ecomic, and scientific thought, Communism, Fascism, Nazism, the Cold War, Globalization-and much more. Volume I of the Cartoon History of the Modern World picks up from Gonick's award winning Cartoon History of the Universe Series. That series began with the Big Bang and ended with Christopher Columbus sailing for the New World. This book starts off with peoples that Columbus discovered and ends with the U.S. Revolution.
- Author BiographyLarry Gonick has been creating comics that explain math, history, science, and other big subjects for more than forty years. He has been a calculus instructor at Harvard (where he earned his BA and MA in mathematics) and a Knight Science Journalism Fellow at MIT, and he is currently staff cartoonist for Muse magazine. He lives in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Larry Gonick
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleCartoon Guide Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Weight472 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.