All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhereas Volume One: Microecomics dealt with the optimizing individual, Volume Two: Macroecomics explains the factors that affect the ecomy of an entire country and, indeed, the planet. It explores the two big concerns of macroecomics: how ecomies grow and why ecomies collapse. It also illustrates the basics of the labour market and unemployment, inflation and debt, what the GDP is and what it measures, and the influence of government, trade, and techlogy on the ecomy. Along the way it covers the ecomics of global poverty, climate change, and the business cycle. In short, if any of these topics have cropped up in a news story and caused you to wish you grasped the underlying basics, this book is for you. And while walking you through an entire introductory macroecomics course, its cartoon characters - with cameos from Nobel Prize - winning ecomists such as Milton Friedman and Paul Krugman - take the sting out of the subject.
- Author BiographyA freelance cartoonist, illustrator, and animator, Grady Klein is the creator of the Lost Colony series of graphic novels.An environmental economist at the University of Washington, Yoram Bauman, Ph.D., is the world's first and only stand-up economist.
- Author(s)Grady Klein,Yoram Bauman
- PublisherHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication13/01/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w illustrations throughout
- Weight463 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.