Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Ezra Pound embarked on his campaign to discredit rhetorical poetry, he targeted as his first archenemy Luis de Camoes (1524?-1580), the great poet of Portugal's great age who had become popular in the United States during the nineteenth century. Pound denigrated Camoes' native language, misrepresented his art, and denied his genius in a systematic attempt to divert attention from him. Critical acceptance of the attempt has contributed to its success. Readers who believe Pound think wrongly about Camoes, when they think about him at all. This study sets the record straight.
- Author(s)Norwood Jr Andrews
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1988
- Series TitleUtah Studies in Literature & Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number27
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1988
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight220 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.