All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoth historically and in the present, the Supreme Court has largely been a failure In this devastating book, Erwin Chemerinsky one of the shining lights of legal academia ( The New York Times ) shows how, case by case, for over two centuries, the hallowed Court has been far more likely to uphold government abuses of power than to stop them. Drawing on a wealth of rulings, some famous, others little kwn, he reviews the Supreme Court s historic failures in key areas, including the refusal to protect mirities, the upholding of gender discrimination, and the neglect of the Constitution in times of crisis, from World War I through 9/11. No one is better suited to make this case than Chemerinsky. He has studied, taught, and practiced constitutional law for thirty years and has argued before the Supreme Court. With passion and eloquence, Chemerinsky advocates reforms that could make the system work better, and he challenges us to think more critically about the nature of the Court and the fallible men and women who sit on it.
- Author BiographyErwin Chemerinsky is the founding dean, Distinguished Professor of Law, and Raymond Pryke Professor of First Amendment Law at the University of California, Irvine, School of Law. He has written for the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Boston Globe, among many other publications. He lives in Irvine, California.
- Author(s)Erwin Chemerinsky
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.