All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first in Maney's lovingly irreverent parody of the 1950s' girl adventure books, nurse Cherry Aimless' first vacation from her hectic career in a big-city hospital takes her to visit her spinster Aunt Gertrude in thrilling San Francisco. Wistfully trading her starched white cap and dress for a bright yellow poplin frock with a flared skirt, young Cherry takes to the highway, never imagining the gay adventures that await her. Imagine her surprise to learn that Aunt Gertrude has been kidnapped. Armed only with the contents of her purse and with the help of new chums Midge, Velma, and a dashing female police officer named Jackie, the plucky but incent Cherry must save her aunt, find a gaggle of missing nuns, and stop an illegal land grab, all under the warm gaze of her hero, girl detective Nancy Clue. And when the queer caper has ended, will there be a chance for Nancy and Cherry?
- Author BiographyMabel Maney is the author of the three books in the Nancy Clue series: The Case of the Not-So-Nice Nurse, The Case of the Good-for-Nothing Girlfriend, and A Ghost in the Closet (all available from Turnaround). She is also the author of two parodles featuring Jane Bond (James's lesbian twin sister): Kiss the Girls and Make Them Spy and The Girl with the Golden Bouffant. She lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Mabel Maney
- PublisherCleis Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintCleis Press
- Content Note25
- Weight259 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.