All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe Casebook of Sherlock Holmes contains Conan Doyle's last twelve stories about his great fictional detective. Compared with earlier collections these tales are darker, exploring such themes as treachery, mutilation and the terrible consequences of infidelity, and containing such gothic touches as a blood-sucking vampire and crypts at midnight. With an Afterword by David Stuart Davies, a Fellow of the Royal Literary Fund, and an authority on Sherlock Holmes. He has written the Afterwords for all the Collector's Library Holmes volumes.
- Author BiographyArthur Conan Doyle was born in Edinburgh in 1859. After a rigorous Jesuit education, at Stonyhurst College in Lancashire, he trained to be a doctor at Edinburgh University. Eventually he set up in medical practice in Southsea and, during the quiet periods between patients, he turned his hand to writing. Although Sherlock Holmes was Doyle's greatest creation, he believed his historical novels such as Micah Clarke and The White Company were of greater literary quality. He also created the irascible Professor Challenger in The Lost World and the comic French soldier Brigadier Gerard who appeared in a series of short stories. Doyle was knighted in 1902. Towards the end of his life he devoted much of his time to his belief in Spiritualism, using his writings as a means of providing funds to support his activities in this field. He died in 1930.
- Author(s)David Stuart Davies,Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Out-of-print date10/08/2016
- Weight186 g
- Width103 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.