All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark resource, the first fully-based on the authoritative NABRE translation, contains the trustworthy study tes, expanded essays, and informational sidebars which have guided and informed students and general readers for 25 years. In this new edition, one-third of the Reading Guide materials are new, and all of the other Guides have been reviewed and revised by their original authors. The extensive Reading Guide, the focal point of this volume, leads the reader through the Scriptures, book by book. References and background information are clearly laid out to guide the reader to a fuller understanding of the Bible. New to this edition is a more extensive treatment of the biblical background, including history and archeology. Other outstanding features include: a 15-page glossary of special terms and complete Sunday and weekday lectionary readings for the liturgical years of the Church. Thirty-two beautiful pages of full-color Oxford Bible Maps come with a place-name index for easy reference. Perfect for both higher education and clergy, Bible study and general readers, The Catholic Study Bible is an essential resource for both experienced students and first-time readers. The New American Bible Revised Edition: The New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) brings to culmination the work of nearly 100 scholars, including translators, editors, and a subcommittee of Catholic bishops who provided extensive review of the biblical text over a period of many years. The NABRE is the first major amendment to the New American Bible translation since 1991. It features: *The first update of the Old Testament since 1970, taking into account recent archaeological and textual discoveries. *Complete revision of the Psalter.
- Author BiographyDonald Senior, CP, is President Emeritus, Chancellor, and Professor of New Testament Studies at Catholic Theological Union in Chicago. John J. Collins is Holmes Professor of Old Testament Criticism and Interpretation at Yale University. Mary Ann Getty is Professor emerita of New Testament at St. Vincent College.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notemaps
- Weight1552 g
- Width159 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byDonald Senior,John Collins,Mary Ann Getty
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.