All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a quiet day, when the wind was still, the creek could be heard all the way up to where the old beech stood. Under its branches cats would come to dream and be dreamed. But they hadn't yet gathered the day the orphan girl fell asleep among the beech's roots, nestling in the weeds and long grass. Her name was Lillian Kindred. When Lillian is bitten by a poisous snake while napping under the branches of a beech tree, the magical cats of the forest reveal themselves and save her by turning her into a kitten. Now she must set out on a journey that will lead her through an untamed wilderness full of fabled creatures--from Old Mother Possum to the fearsome Bear People--to find a way to make things right and become human again. In this whimsical, original folktale created by two masters of modern fantasy, a young girl's journey becomes an enchanting coming-of-age story about friendship, bravery, and shaping one's destiny. Set in the countryside rth of de Lint's fictional town of Newford--the setting of many of his most beloved vels--this book is a new vel-length story for middle graders based on the author and illustrator's picture book A Circle of Cats.
- Author BiographyCHARLES DE LINT is credited with having pioneered the contemporary fantasy genre. With over fifty books in print, eight of which were on the reader-selected Modern Library Top 100 Books of the Twentieth Century , he is known as a master in his field. Among his many accolades, de Lint has been a finalist for the World Fantasy Award seventeen times, and won once in 2000. He has also won the Canadian Aurora Award for Science Fiction and Fantasy. His latest young adult book, The Painted Boy (Viking) was released as a lead title in 2010. He resides in Ottowa, Canada with his wife, artist MaryAnn Harris. Noted artist CHARLES VESS has shared the World Fantasy Award once with Neil Gaiman for his work on Sandman and won once on his own as best artist for his 175 illustrations contained within Stardust. He was awarded a Will Eisner award for his graphic novel The Book of Ballads and Sagas in 1997, and has illustrated two picture books with Gaiman (Instructions and Blueberry Girl) that appeared on the New York Times bestseller list. His art has been featured in several museum and gallery exhibitions across the nation and in Spain, Portugal, the UK, and Italy. He lives in Virginia.
- Author(s)Charles De Lint
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown Young Readers
- Out-of-print date04/03/2017
- Content NoteColour illus throughout
- Weight642 g
- Width156 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Illustrator(s)Charles Vess
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.18
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.