All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
About this product
- DescriptionHe is the Truthseeker, and his voice cries justice. In a world suffocating with lies and deception, those rare individuals who unfailingly hear the pleas of justice stand out. Jim Markham is one of those individuals, and he shines as a beacon of truth, allowing the scores of people his life touches to find their way along shadowed paths to a brilliant moral light. Truth and Deception is the riveting sequel to Born with a Mission, the second volume of the epic trilogy, The Caul, wherein Jim Markham becomes a seasoned Agent of both the Air Force Office of Special Investigations and the Army Criminal Investigations Division, confronting chaos and disorder, and ultimately rises as a Polygraph Scientist invincible to deceit. Fans of James Clavell and Gary Jennings will love this chapter in Matte's story, as Markham travels all over the world, experiencing exotic customs and meeting fascinating people while he faithfully serves the United States Armed Forces. Join Markham on a mission; to reveal spies in the US military selling information to Moscow; to solving the riddle of a murdered girl in South Korea; to subjecting an Arabian Prince to a polygraph examination at Markham's own peril. Witness the love of an honest man, and that love's high price. You're invited to see the truth of James Markham's astounding destiny. A man blessed with the protection of The Caul. But is the Caul eugh to protect him from the Father of Deceit?
- Author BiographyJames Allan Matte The author, born in Brooklyn, New York during the Great Depression, spent his adolescence in Montreal, Canada where he was educated in French Canadian schools. Three years after his return to New York, the Korean War was declared and the author was inducted in the United States Air Force where he eventually became an intelligence specialist using his fluency in French to collect strategic information for the OSI in France. His demonstrated talent for counterintelligence resulted in his acceptance at the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations (OSI) Academy in Washington, DC and graduation as an OSI Special Agent and in that capacity he conducted criminal, counterintelligence and personnel security investigations. Seven years later, he accepted a commission with the United States Army Criminal Investigations Division Command and served honorably as a Special Agent of the C.I.D. It is during that last assignment that the author attended the Backster School of Lie Detection in New York City and shortly thereafter retired from the United States Army to become a full-time civilian polygraphist, a profession he found most suitable to his innate abilities and previous experience as a special agent. In the three decades that followed, the author distinguished himself by developing unique psychological techniques and formats that significantly advanced the discipline of forensic psychophysiology and his field research resulted in the publication of many articles and several textbooks that are currently being utilized in accredited polygraph schools throughout the world. The author was honored for his distinguished achievements in research, teaching and writing by the American Polygraph Association in 1997 with the John E. Reid Memorial Award, and in 2003 he was presented with the Robert & Mary Ann Henson Memorial Award as the Outstanding Graduate of the Backster School of Lie Detection. The author has now embarked on a new career as a novelist using his real-life experiences to expose the evil that permeates the world and celebrate the gallant, courageous individuals who devote their lives with a true moral compass to the protection of our freedom and safety. For more information about the author please visit website: http: //www.jampublications.com.
- Author(s)James Allan Matte
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication18/05/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.