All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe title that the authors have chosen for this book, The Causes and Cures of Criminality, suggests that it may be just ather book specu- lating on the sociological evils that need to be put right for everything in the garden to be lovely. If this is the expectation, the reader could t be more mistaken. The recurrent theme, in fact, is a strong accent on psychological experiments. Both authors have tackled the theoretical and practical side of crime through an exhaustive literature review of past experi- mental work. Hans J. Eysenck has concentrated on the constitutional and biological theory of criminality, whereas Gisli Gudjonsson has con- cerned himself more with a review of ongoing research into therapy and possible prevention of antisocial behavior. Part I goes into considerable detail on the causes of criminality, stressing much of the strangely neglected area of individual differences in personality. Research studies point to a very heavy involvement of heredity in the causation of criminality, but the authors are careful to ackwledge that much can be done environmentally to discourage a life of crime once those persons who are at risk have been identified.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/12/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePerspectives on Individual Differences
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight504 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byGisli H. Gudjonsson,Hans J. Eysenck
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.