All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of the Cavern Club - the most famous club in the world. The Cavern saw the birth of the Beatles and Merseybeat, and more. Respected author, music journalist and Merseybeat historian Spencer Leigh - with a little help from Sir Paul McCartney, who provides the Foreword - tells the Cavern's history by talking to the owners, hundreds of musicians who played at the club, the backroom staff and fans. Spencer paints a vivid picture of the Cavern, from its days as a jazz club, through the Beatles years to the present.
- Author BiographySpencer Leigh was born and still lives in Liverpool, England, and is an acknowledged authority on the Beatles. He has been broadcasting his weekly show, On The Beat, on BBC Radio Merseyside for more than 25 years and, over that time, has conducted more interviews about the band - all captured on tape - than anyone in the world. He has also written over 25 books including biographies of Lonnie Donegan, Billy Fury, Buddy Holly, the Merseybeats and the Merseysippi Jazz Band.
- PublisherMcNidder & Grace
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationPembroke Dock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcNidder & Grace
- Weight408 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
Most relevant reviews
- bangrin0315 Dec, 2016by
great book a must for beatle fans
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.