All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionCell Cycle in the Central Nervous System overviews the changes in cell cycle as they relate to prenatal and post natal brain development, progression to neurological disease or tumor formation.Topics covered range from the cell cycle during the prenatal development of the mammalian central nervous system to future directions in postnatal neurogenesis through gene transfer, electrical stimulation, and stem cell introduction. Additional chapters examine the postnatal development of neurons and glia, the regulation of cell cycle in glia, and how that regulation may fail in pretumor conditions or following a nneoplastic CNS response to injury. Highlights include treatments of the effects of deep brain stimulation on brain development and repair; the connection between the electrophysiological properties of neuroglia, cell cycle, and tumor progression; and the varied immulogical responses and their regulation by cell cycle.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Neuroscience
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1278 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byDamir Janigro
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.