All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionSarajevo: a city under siege. As the mortars fall and the snipers conduct their deadly business, a cellist sits at his window, playing Albini's Adagio in G Mir. Then a bomb kills twenty-two people waiting in line to buy bread on the street below. For the next twenty-two days he will carry his cello into the cratered street at four each afteron and play the Adagio in memory of the dead. The Cellist of Sarajevo imagines those twenty-two days through the eyes of three of its citizens: Kenan, who sets out every few days to fetch water for his family; Dragan, who longs to be reunited with his wife and son; and Arrow, a crack 'counter-sniper' who is assigned the job of keeping the cellist alive. Exquisite and profoundly moving, it gives life to the courage of a broken city. It is a story about survival, about the persistence of the human spirit in a time of fear and suffering.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesShortlisted for Galaxy British Book Awards: Richard and Judy's Best Read of the Year 2009.
- Author(s)Steven Galloway
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication03/02/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight196 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.