All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionAlice Roberts goes in search of the Celts and their treasures in a narrative history to accompanying a new BBC series. We kw a lot about the Roman Empire. The Romans left monuments to their glories and written histories charting the exploits of their heroes. But there was ather ancient people in Europe - feared warriors with chariots, iron swords, exquisite jewellery, swirling tattoos and strange rituals and beliefs. For hundreds of years Europe was theirs, t Rome's. They were our ancestors, and yet the scale of their achievements has largely been forgotten. They were the Celts. Unlike the Romans they did t write their history, so the stories of many heroic Celtic men and women have been lost. And yet we can discover their deeds...you just have to kw where to look. From Denmark to Italy; Portugal to Turkey Alice Roberts takes us on a journey across Europe, revealing the remarkable story of the Celts: their real origins, how they lived and thrived, and their enduring modern legacy Using ground-breaking linguistic research, in addition to the latest archaeology and genetics, Alice Roberts will explore how this remarkable and advanced culture grew from the fringes of the continent and humiliated the might of Rome. The Celts accompanies a substantial BBC series presented by Alice Roberts and Neil Oliver, and showing in October 2015.
- Author BiographyAlice Roberts is an anatomist, archaeologist, anthropologist, historian, television presenter, author and professor at the University of Birmingham. She has presented Coast, Digging for Britain and The Incredible Human Journey on BBC2, Inside Science on Radio 4 and has appeared as an expert on Time Team on Channel 4. She writes a regular column for The Observer and is passionate about human health, evolution and history. She lives in Bristol with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Dr. Alice Roberts
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication05/10/2015
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Note6 x 4pp plate sections
- Weight428 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.