All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished to mark the centenary of Federation, this important book explores Australia's national origins in a comprehensive and accessible way. A high-calibre team of writers has been gathered to write the first ever comprehensive, general history of Federation. Starting from the perspective of the individual colonies as they made their way towards membership of the Australian Commonwealth in 1901, the book also provides cross-referenced short alphabetical entries covering key events, people and concepts. It approaches Federation t simply as a formal political story, but as a social and cultural process, maintaining the relevance of nation-making by highlighting ongoing debates about democracy, sovereignty and progressive citizenry. A major contribution to the Centenary of Federation, this book should become a standard reference for scholars, students and general readers in the continuing discussions of Australia's future as a nation.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note55 b/w illus.
- Weight800 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byHelen Irving
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.