All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRacism exists in today's society in many different forms and, for a huge number of people, is a fact of everyday life. Inspired and informed by the author's own research, this uniquely engaging book brings the focus to how racism affects the therapeutic relationship, creatively exploring the subject of working with people of African, Caribbean, Asian and Mixed heritage in both therapeutic practice and clinical supervision. Unpacking the latest concepts and theories, and offering a wealth of real-life stories and examples, the author reflects on how the challenge of everyday racism, as well as the enduring, intergenerational pain caused by historical racism, can affect the therapeutic dynamic, and how practitioners can deliver a truly inclusive therapeutic service that tackles these issues sensitively. Packed full of thoughtful, supportive advice, The Challenge of Racism in Therapeutic Practice draws on layers of experience to guide the reader through complex intercultural issues with a voice of empathy and understanding.
- Author BiographyDr Isha McKenzie-Mavinga is an Integrative Transcultural Psychotherapist, Trainer and Supervisor in the UK. She lectures on transcultural counselling at London Metropolitan University and Goldsmiths College, UK.
- Author(s)Isha McKenzie-Mavinga
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight309 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.