All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Niccolo Machiavelli, leaders must always be prepared for change, even in violent and dramatic forms, in order to retain some control of their fate. This incisive text applies the Machiavellian philosophy to each American president, who must learn how to adapt to these changes and/or alter them in order to excel, or even to survive, politically. This edition includes new material on the presidencies of George W. Bush and Barack Obama as well as updated bibliographical entries. The Challenge of the American Presidency will be of interest to those who teach courses in political science, history and American Studies as well as to those who are interested in assessing and comparing U. S. presidents.
- Author BiographyPhilip Abbott is professor of political science at Wayne State University.
- Author(s)Philip Abbott
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication05/08/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight662 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.