The Challenges of Climate Change: Which Way Now? by Robert L. Rothstein, Daniel P. Perlmutter (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $38.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal warming and climate change present complex interlocking issues of public policy, multilateral negotiation, and techlogical advancement. This book explores both the problems and the opportunities presented by international agreements, and examines the techlogical developments and policy goals that can be pursued to effect the changes necessary. Specific steps are proposed in the form of a list of priorities. This book represents a cooperative enterprise between two authors of different backgrounds - engineering and international relations - and is directed to an educated but n-professional lay audience without any formal training in either science or international relations. The points of view of negotiators from both developed and developing nations are presented and compared. Each topic is presented from both technical and policy perspectives as a means to evaluate the variety of proposals that have been offered as remedies to global warming. The text is supported by illustrations and tables where appropriate, including a list of References at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyDANIEL D. PERLMUTTER is Professor of Chemical Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania, and has served as Chair of the Chemical Engineering Department at the University and as University Ombudsman. His contributions were recognized by a Lindbach Award for excellence in teaching, a Guggenheim Foundation Award for research, two Fulbright Fellowships, and the Lectureship Award of the American Association for Engineering Education. His research focused on the dynamics and control of chemical reaction systems, yielded three books and many publications in professional journals. ROBERT L. ROTHSTEIN was the Harvey Picker Distinguished Professor of International Relations at Colgate University. He has published widely on the international negotiating process and peace processes in protracted conflicts and has been awarded a variety of prestigious fellowships, including the Rockefeller Foundation, the Carnegie Foundation, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, and the U.S. Institute of Peace. He has also been a consultant to the Department of State and a number of foundations and international institutions.
- Author(s)Daniel P. Perlmutter,Robert L. Rothstein
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width160 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.