Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionThe strong have been eaten. The weak have died along the way. The keys to survival do t work. And the rules of engagement do t apply. ON THE STREETS... a husband and father watches the Changed - the cannibalistic, red-eyed remnants of his friends, neighbors and family - reduce the city of his birth, Lincoln City, Oregon, into all-too-familiar graveyard. IN HIS HOME... he is trapped in the dark, hiding silently, and watching his two young sons wither as winter approaches. The Changed circle on his lawn and scrape their latest victims on his doorkbs; he circles the last of his food and water, and scrapes at the last of his hope and faith. IN HIS MIND... the relentless tortures of grief, isolation, and guilt for his missing wife are taking their toll. Witnessing the end of the world can do strange things to the mind, and there is only so much a man can take. Somehow, soon, he must find the courage and the means escape Lincoln City. BUT IN HIS HEART... he kws the truth: there is escape. The Changed are t the zombies from childhood movies and video games, and it is only a matter of time before he and his sons die at their hands-or his. YET A GLIMMER OF HOPE... laying still and silent-like a wounded animal trying t to bleed out-emerges. A brutal pig farmer and a pair of hunter-survivalists unite the city's last, living inhabitants, and together they form a desperate plan to flee the city and face their common enemy. But everything is t as it seems, and as a creeping, red psychosis invades the group, he must t only survive the teeth of a merciless enemy, but also confront the mind-breaking truths about his missing wife, his own desperate acts of survival-and the horrifying answer to one ultimate question: How far can a man go to save his sons before they are longer his children and he is longer their father? If you like literate, post-apocalyptic fiction such as Cormac McCarthy's THE ROAD, dark psychological thrillers such as Dennis Lehane's SHELTER ISLAND, and powerful, mind-bending stories such as Chuck Palahniuk's FIGHT CLUB, you'll love THE CHANGED.
- Author(s)Anthony Jay Blackwell
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.