Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1955 and minated for a Pulitzer Prize, this vel revolves around a pair of stubborn adolescent girls who refuse to accept the racism and anti-Semitism of their respective communities. Their courage allows them to question and to cross over into the -man s land of segregated urban neighborhoods, claimed most recently by Jews, but w, in the early fifties, increasingly by African-Americans. The New York Times praised the power with which the author reveals the impact of [racial] struggle on the new generation, whose survival lies in their power to love.
- Author BiographyJo Sinclair (1913-1995) is the author of four novels: Wasteland, Sing at My Wake, The Changelings, and Anna Teller.
- Author(s)Jo Sinclair
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication01/01/1985
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Weight417 g
- Width139 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.