CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian society is rapidly changing. This concise, up-to-date volume masterfully captures this change. Edited by two of Canada's leading demographers, Roderic Beaujot and Don Kerr, this book is an exciting entry in Canadian population studies, drawing from a variety of disciplines, including sociology, geography, ecomics, history, and epidemiology. The Changing Face of Canada is an essential text for demography courses across the country. Each reading has been meticulously edited and concisely ordered into five essential sections:* fertility* mortality* international migration, domestic migration and population distribution* population aging* population compositionVital issues include: the role of immigration in Canada's future; the deteriorating ecomic welfare of immigrants; globalization, undocumented migration, and unwanted refugees; Aboriginal population change; implications of unprecedented low fertility; and the astonishing demographic transformation of Canadian cities.
- Author BiographyRoderic Beaujot is Director of the Population Studies Centre and Professor of Sociology at the University of Western Ontario. His research interests include evolving demographics and implications for social policy in areas such as health, family, labour force, multiculturalism, and education. Don Kerr is a Professor of Sociology at King's College, University of Western Ontario. His areas of interest are population studies and Canadian demography. His research has focused on population estimates, the Aboriginal population, and the effects of family change on children.
- PublisherCanadian Scholars Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCanadian Scholars Press
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight634 g
- Width171 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDon Kerr,Roderic P. Beaujot
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.