All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe number of English-medium international schools that deliver their curriculum wholly or partly in the English language reportedly reached 6,000 in January 2012. It is anticipated this number will rise to over 11,000 schools by 2022, employing over 500,000 English-speaking teachers. The number of children being taught in these schools reportedly reached 3 million in March 2012. Alongside this phemenal growth the landscape of international schooling has changed fundamentally, moving away from largely serving the children of the expat and globally mobile business community and Embassies, towards serving the 'local' children of the wealthy and emerging middle-class. This has been reflected in the shift away from n-profit ownership by the school community towards ownership by for-profit companies and proprietors. In this book, Tristan Bunnell explores the changing landscape of international schooling and discusses the implications of these changes, both in terms of theoretically conceptualizing the scale, nature and purpose of the field, and in terms of practically serving and administering the growing industry that international education is becoming. The Changing Landscape of International Schooling will be worthwhile reading for researchers, academics and students of international schooling, leaders and teachers in international schools, and those interested in the broader development of international education.
- Author BiographyTristan Bunnell has been Head of Economics at the Copenhagen International School, Denmark, since 2004, following a 14-year period at the International School of London, UK. He is currently a part-time Teaching Fellow at the University of Bath, UK.
- Author(s)Tristan Bunnell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in International and Comparative Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.