All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe literature on changing varieties of capitalism concentrates on the big ecomies, particularly the US, Japan and Germany. This important volume sheds light on the group of smaller European countries that share a high degree of corporatism - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. Most of them have recently been praised as alter native models to the route exemplified by the US. The authors investigate the trajectories of these countries welfare systems, corporate governance, labour markets and industrial relations from about 1990 until the ecomic crisis in 2008. The volume also tracks their position in the processes of European integration and asks whether their particular brands of capitalism might be a viable candidate for the European socio-ecomic model.
- Author BiographyUwe Becker is associate professor of political science at the University of Amsterdam.
- PublisherAmsterdam University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleChanging Welfare States
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAmsterdam University Press
- Out-of-print date26/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight403 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byUwe Becker
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.