All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe mantis cyborgs: insect like, cruel, and determined to wipe humanity from the face of the galaxy. The Fleet is humanity's last chance: a multi-world, multi-national task force assembled to hold the line against the aliens' overwhelming techlogy and fire-power. Enter Harrison Barlow, who like so many young men of wars past, simply wants to serve his people and partake of the grand adventure of military life. Only, Harrison is t a hot pilot, r a crack shot with a rifle. What good is a Chaplain's Assistant in the interstellar battles which will decide the fate of all?
- Author BiographyBrad R. Torgersen is the author of numerous stories, novelettes, and novellas which have appeared in the pages of Analog Science Fiction and Fact magazine, Orson Scott Card's InterGalactic Medicine Show webzine, Mike Resnick's Galaxy's Edge magazine, and beyond. He's the 2011 winner of the Analog AnLab Reader's Choice Award for best novelette, and also won a place in the 26th annual Writers and Illustrators of the Future Contest. For 2012 he was the field's single triple-nominee for the Hugo, the Nebula, and the Campbell awards. A full-time healthcare computer geek, Torgersen also holds the rank of Chief Warrant Officer in the U.S. Army Reserve. He lives in Utah with his wife and daughter. The Chaplain's War is his first novel, preceded by his short fiction collections Lights in the Deep and Racers of the Night.
- Author(s)Brad R. Torgersen
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Weight227 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.59
- AU $23.95Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.