Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Characterization of the Assyrians in Isaiah is a literary analysis of every text in Isaiah in which the Assyrians explicitly or implicitly feature. In addition, a few texts regarded by dominant voices in scholarship as referring to the Assyrians are discussed. The general approach of this work is to assume a literary synchronic reading in order to appreciate the narrative artistry and meaning conveyed by the final form of the text and to establish a standard from which diachronic inquiry may proceed. Each chapter is a study in its own right, usually concentrating on a passage or chapter of Isaiah. In addition to analysing the role of the Assyrians from both synchronic and diachronic perspectives, these chapters also explore the sophisticated ways by which literary devices function in relation to the depiction of the Assyrians.
- Author BiographyDr. Mary Katherine Y. H. Hom graduated from the University of Cambridge (PhD), was formerly an Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies at Ambrose University College, and currently resides in northern California. She has lectured and taught in numerous countries and contributed to various scholarly journals.
- Author(s)Mary Katherine Y. H. Hom
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 559
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Note10 b/w illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.