All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.50
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the popular perception that the free market can objectively ameliorate inequality and markedly improve student academic achievement, this book examines the overly positivistic rhetoric surrounding charter schools. Taking a multifocal approach, this book examines how charter schools reproduce inequality in public education. By linking charter schools to broader social issues and political ecomic factors, such as neoliberalism, race, and class, The Charter School Solution presents a more complete and nuanced assessment of charter schools in the context of the American public education system.
- Author BiographyTara L. Affolter is Assistant Professor of Education Studies, Middlebury College, USA. Jamel K. Donnor is Assistant Professor of Education, The College of William and Mary, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Education
- Series Part/Volume Number169
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJamel Donnor,Tara Affolter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.