All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- Description: In 1968, five year old Jeremy Hergenroeder, a minister's kid and a bit of a prodigy, is able to read people's minds and, perhaps, predict future events. He calls his gift feeling people's heads, but his parents fear the voices he hears are signs of early onset schizophrenia. They get a fast track appointment with a local child psychiatrist in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. The good doctor, Azriel Rebovitz, MD, figures out in about 20 minutes that Jeremy's unique gift has thing to do with psychosis, but does present future dangers for which this incent family must prepare. At the conclusion of the visit, Dr. Rebovitz offers to help Jeremy and his parents, David and Alexandria, learn how to filter and use Jeremy's gift only in limited circumstances. Unable to afford Dr. Rebovitz's $100 per hour fee, the Hergenroeders arrange a barter with Dr. Rebovitz whereby David will provide pastoral care visits to Dr. Rebovitz's mother Eva at a local nursing home. Unbekwnst to Dr. R, Eva has experience with the feeling heads gift and has a gift of her own that might come in handy and soon. After the appointment, Jeremy advises his parents that he's worried about some guy named Sir Hand who's following the Robert Kennedy campaign and is up to good. The Hergenroeder's laugh off the Sir Hand idea as impossible-because one can read someone else's mind 3,000 miles away in California. The next day, Dr. Rebovitz's secretary, Velma Brodie, transcribes the chart and immediately realizes that Jeremy's gift could help get her husband Dan out from under the iron grip of the local Puerto Rican mob and their loan sharking operation. But how can she ingratiate herself with the Hergenroeders to get unfettered access to Jeremy? Velma will think of something and, so, The Chase Is On.
- Author BiographyMarc E. Overlock, a minister's kid who has joint degrees in Divinity and Law from Vanderbilt University, works at Nashville General Hospital as the facility's General Counsel. Married to his wife Wendy for 33 years, the couple resides in Nashville, Tennessee where Wendy serves as a social worker at Catholic Charities, running both a soup kitchen called Loaves and Fishes, and a jobs training program for refugees fleeing persecution in other countries. The couple spends their spare time scheming up new novels, gardening and doing yoga every chance they get.
- Author(s)Marc E Overlock
- PublisherMaria C. Pimentel-Gannon Books
- Date of Publication14/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaria C. Pimentel-Gannon Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.