All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionA classic study of the Middle East in modern times, analyzing British failures in the region during the zenith of the empire's power and influence. Mr. Kedourie attributes much of Britain's faulty and disastrous handling of Middle East problems to what he calls the Chatham House version, a view propagated by Toynbee and his colleagues. No better guide...can be found to the pitfalls awaiting those who seek to control the Middle East to their own advantage. -Asian Affairs.
- Author BiographyElie Kedourie (1926-1992) was a fellow of the British Academy, editor of Middle Eastern Studies, and professor of politics at the London School of Economics. His many books on the Middle East include Islam in the Modern World, In the Anglo-Arab Labyrinth, and Arabic Political Memoirs. David Pryce-Jones's most recent book is The Closed Circle: An Interpretation of the Arabs. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Elie Kedourie
- PublisherIvan R Dee, Inc
- Date of Publication29/03/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvan R Dee, Inc
- Weight517 g
- Width157 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Introduction byDavid Pryce-Jones
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.