Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.12Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionTHE CHEMISTRY OF CEMENT AND CONCRETE, Third Edition F.M LEA The advances in the chemistry and physics of cements led to the necessity for this third edition. Lea's book deals with the chemical and physical properties of cements and concretes and their relation to the practical problems that arise in their manufacture and use. It will be of great interest t only to the chemist involved in the science and techlogy of silicate materials but also to those using concrete in building and civil engineering construction. Attention is given to problems arising in the use of concrete, from the suitability of materials, to the conditions under which concrete may deteriorate and the precautionary or remedial measures that can be adopted. It is well illustrated with line drawings, tables and photographs. PARTIAL CONTENTS: History of calcareous cements; Classification of cements; Portland cements: Raw materials and manufacturing processes; Cement components and their phase relations; Cementing qualities of the cement compounds; Constitution, burning, proportioning, hydration and setting and hardening of Portland cement; Structure of cement compounds; Action of acid and sulphate waters of Portland Cement; Physical and mechanical properties of Portland Cement, Pozzolanas and Pozzolanic cements; Cements made from blast furnace slag; High Alumina cement, some special cements and cement properties; Concrete aggregates; Resistance of Concrete to various organic and irganic agents; Examination of concrete failures.
- Author(s)F M Lea
- PublisherChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/09/1971
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1083 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition StatementEnlarged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.