All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book arose from a symposium titled 'Transition Metal Carbides and Nitrides: Preparation, Properties, and Reactivity' organized by Jae Sung Lee, Masatoshi Nagai and myself. The symposium was part of the 1995 Congress of Pacific Rim Chemical Societies, held in Holulu, Hawaii between December 17-22, 1995. The meeting was the first major conference to exclusively address the theme of metal carbides and nitrides, and brought together many of the major researchers in the field. Over 50 scientists and engineers reported their latest findings in five sessions of presentations and discussions. The book closely follows the topics covered in the conference: Theory of bonding Structure and composition Catalytic properties Physical properties New methods of preparation Spectroscopy and microscopy The book is unique in its coverage. It provides a general introduction to the properties and nature of the materials, but also covers their latest applications in a wide variety of fields. It should thus be of interest to both experts and nexperts in the fields of material science, solid-state chemistry, physics, ceramics engineering, and catalysis. The first chapter gives an overview, and many of the chapters provide summaries of advanced topics. All contributions were peer-reviewed.
- Author(s)S. Ted Oyama
- PublisherChapman and Hall
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChapman and Hall
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1011 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.