All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide for today's chief data officers to define and manage data governance programs. The relatively new role of chief data officer (CDO) has been created to address the issue of managing a company's data as a strategic asset, but the problem is that there is universally accepted playbook for this role. Magnifying the challenge is the rapidly increasing volume and complexity of data, as well as regulatory compliance as it relates to data. In this book, Sunil Soares provides a practical guide for today's chief data officers to manage data as an asset while delivering the trusted data required to power business initiatives, from the tactical to the transformative. The guide describes the relationship between the CDO and the data governance team, whose task is the formulation of policy to optimize, secure, and leverage information as an enterprise asset by aligning the objectives of multiple functions. Soares provides unique insight into the role of the CDO and presents a blueprint for implementing data governance successfully within the context of the position. With practical advice CDOs need, this book helps establish new data governance practices or mature existing practices.
- Author BiographySunil Soares is the director of data governance within IBM Software Group. He is a former director of Worldwide Channels and Alliances for InfoSphere, IBM Software Group, where he worked with a number of partners about their Data Governance practices. He lives in Harrington Park, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Sunil Soares
- PublisherMC Press, LLC
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationDouble Oak
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMC Press, LLC
- Weight118 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.