All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA quiet English town is left reeling when twelve-year-old Daniel Blake is discovered to have brutally murdered his schoolmate Felicity Forbes. For provincial solicitor Leo Curtice, the case promises to be the most high profile -- and morally challenging - of his career. But as he begins his defence Leo is unprepared for the impact the public fury surrounding Felicity's death will have on his family - and his teenage daughter Ellie, above all. While Leo struggles to get Daniel to open up, hoping to unearth the reasons for the boy's terrible crime, the build-up of pressure on Leo's family intensifies. As the case nears its climax, events will take their darkest turn. For Leo, thing will ever be the same again ...
- Author BiographySimon Lelic has worked as a journalist and currently runs his own business. He was born in Brighton in 1976 and lives there now with his wife and three children. His first two novels Rupture and The Facility were huge critical successes. Rupture won a Betty Trask Award, was shortlisted for the CWA John Creasey New Blood Dagger and longlisted for the Desmond Elliot Prize and the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award. Simon was shortlisted in the New Writer of the Year category at the Galaxy British Book Awards. Also available from Simon Lelic: Rupture, The Facility.
- Author(s)Simon Lelic
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date11/12/2015
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Reading Age16
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.16
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.92Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.