All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the nature of children's social life in school? How do their relationships and interactions with peers, teachers and other school staff influence their development and experience of school? This book, written by leading researchers in educational and developmental psychology, provides answers to these questions by offering an integrated perspective on children's social interactions and relationships with their peers and teachers in school. Peer interactions in school have tended to be underestimated by educationalists, and this book redresses the balance by giving them equal weight to teacher-child interactions. In this second edition, the authors extensively revise the text on the basis of many years of research and teaching experience. They highlight common misconceptions about children, their social lives, and school achievement which have often resulted in ineffective school policy. The book includes a number of important topics, including: * The significance of peer-friendships at school * The nature and importance of play and break-times * Aggression and bullying at school * Peer relations and learning at school * The classroom environment and teacher-pupil interaction * The influence of gender in how children learn at school. * Advantages and disadvantages of different methodological approaches for studying children in school settings * Policy implications of current research findings. The Child at School will be essential reading for all students of child development and educational psychology. It will also be an invaluable source for both trainee and practicing teachers and teaching assistants, as well as clinical psychologists and policy makers in this area.
- Author BiographyPeter Blatchford is Professor of Psychology and Education at the UCL Institute of Education, UK. Anthony D. Pellegrini is Emeritus Professor at the University of Minnesota, USA. Ed Baines is Senior Lecturer in Psychology and Education at the UCL Institute of Education, UK.
- Author(s)Anthony D. Pellegrini,Ed Baines,Peter Blatchford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInternational Texts in Developmental Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight486 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.