All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book epitomizes the value of the phrase been there, done that! In this amazingly helpful guide for family members, friends, and professionals, author and mom Kathy Labosh and special-educator LaNita Miller take on the issues and obstacles that parents and educators face every day. Hundreds of easy-to-read bullet points provide tips that readers can put into action immediately. First they cleverly tackle home life, from breakfast to bedtime, and then they take readers on a trip through the community, offering essential do's and don'ts for going to restaurants, church, the doctor's office, the grocery store, family gatherings, and more! With Kathy and LaNita's insight and advice, you can be better prepared for the unique challenges autism throws your way!
- Author BiographyKathy Labosh graduated from Penn State and worked as an economist. She is now a stay-at-home mom to Sam and Nicky, both of whom are children with autism. It became her mission to help others in similar situations. Kathy formed a Special Education Religious Class and is the author of a specialized curriculum for children with autism. She also received an Honorable Mention for Children's Fiction from Writer's Digest. Kathy continues to work on additional books in The Child with Autism series, including The Child with Autism Learns about Faith (2011), The Child with Autism Goes to Florida (2011), and The Child with Autism Learns MORE about Faith (in progress). LaNita Miller is the author of beginning textbooks, and received her bachelor's degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Early Childhood Education from Austin Peay State University, and her master's degree in Special Education from George Peabody College, which is part of Vanderbilt University. She is currently completing her certification in behavioral analysis. She has over twenty years' experience in the special education classroom.
- Author(s)Kathy Labosh,LaNita Miller
- PublisherFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFuture Horizons Incorporated
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.