All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.68Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents stories from the Old and New Testaments, specially written for the younger reader, with over 1600 beautiful illustrations. Eight volumes of classic Old and New Testament stories are retold here for the young reader, with context facts, tes and features. The most important stories of the Bible are retold in simple language and with clear explanations of their meanings. From Adam and Eve , Noah's Ark , and Jonah and the Whale to Jesus on the Sea at Galilee , and the Last Supper : all the favourite stories are included. These are accessible, lively retellings that will hold the young reader's attention. There are over 1600 specially commissioned watercolour illustrations in beautiful traditional style. This special book collection brings the people, places and events of the Bible alive for every child. Beautiful illustrations capture the atmosphere and drama of the classic stories. Information panels provide a wealth of facts about everyday life in Bible times, and colourful maps set the stories in the context of the period. The stirring dramas of the Old Testament are recounted, from how God made the world in the Creation, to the trials of the Israelites in their quest for the Promised Land. The New Testament stories follow the life of Jesus from his birth to resurrection, and how the apostles spread his teachings around the world. Supplementary tes explain in simple language what the stories mean, both within the context of the Bible itself and to people living today. This combination of stories and information gives a uniquely broad and accessible insight into the world of the Old and New Testaments. Charmingly illustrated with over 1600 colour pictures, this beautiful boxed compendium is sure to become a much-loved family reference.
- Author BiographyVictoria Parker graduated from Oxford University with a degree in English Literature and Language. She has worked with children's books as writer and editor ever since Janet Dyson is an educational consultant whose specialist area is Religious Education. She has a Master's degree focused on multi-cultural education.
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 1600 colour illustrations
- Weight1633 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Contained items statement8 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.