All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new and updated edition of the best-selling book on assessing children in need and their families integrates practice, policy and theory to produce a comprehensive and multidisciplinary guide to all aspects of assessment. The Child's World t only provides an explanation of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families, but also offers a wealth of information on how to use it sensitively and effectively. The Child's World explores the implications of recent legislation, including the Children Act 2004, and national guidance for assessment practice. The contributors have drawn on the latest research, best practice and lessons learnt over the past decade of Framework implementation to equip practitioners, from different disciplines, to identify the developmental needs of children, assess parental capacity and evaluate the impact of family, ecomic and environmental factors on the carer's ability to meet the needs of the child. This book is essential reading for all practitioners, managers, trainers and educators in children's and adult services who use the Framework, and will also be a valued source of kwledge and guidance for those assessing children's needs in legislative contexts outside of England.
- Author BiographyJan Horwath is Professor of Child Welfare at the University of Sheffield. She worked as a practitioner, trainer and manager in both voluntary and statutory social work settings before becoming an academic in 1995. She is author of Child Neglect: Identification and Assessment; Effective Staff Training in Social Care: From Theory to Practice with Tony Morrison; Working for Children on the Child Protection Register: An Inter-Agency Practice Guide with Martin Calder; and Making Links Across Specialisms: Understanding Modern Social Work Practice with Steven Shardlow.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight743 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJan Horwath
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.