Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pascit_inc
- Est. delivery by 5 Nov
- AU $15.59Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven today, as trendy diets and a weight-loss frenzy sweep the nation, two-thirds of adults are still obese and children are being diagsed with Type 2 diabetes, typically an adult disease, at an alarming rate. If we're obsessed with being thin more so than ever before, why are Americans stricken with heart disease as much as we were 30 years ago? In The China Study, Dr. T. Colin Campbell details the connection between nutrition and heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. The report also examines the source of nutritional confusion produced by powerful lobbies, government entities, and opportunistic scientists. The New York Times has recognized the study as the Grand Prix of epidemiology and the most comprehensive large study ever undertaken of the relationship between diet and the risk of developing disease. The China Study is t a diet book. Dr. Campbell cuts through the haze of misinformation and delivers an insightful message to anyone living with cancer, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and those concerned with the effects of aging. [This book is also available in Spanish, El Estudio de China.]
- Author BiographyFor more than 40 years, T. Colin Campbell, PhD, has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University. He has received more than 70 grant years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers. The China Study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine. A 1999 graduate of Cornell University and recipient of a medical degree in 2010, Thomas M. Campbell II, MD, is a writer, actor and five-time marathon runner.
- Author(s)T. Colin Campbell
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight588 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- jessikay10131 Jan, 2017by
Best book you will ever read
This will change your life
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- howarddenham06 Oct, 2012by
Well worth reading
I'm finding this book to be absorbing and informative. I like the fact that it has the author's story within it, along with the research carried out over decades. From time to time I wonder about some degree of bias, but I really do think that overall it is a great book full of accurate information and advice. I have to say that whilst I have not gone over to a vegan diet, I am certainly looking to eat much less meat and animal products than I ever used to, and am feeling way better as a result.
- marynik31 Oct, 2016by
A must read!
Very interesting read about how good nutrition plays a major part in halting/reversing chronic diseases. Have only started but it's already got me very intrigued.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- cc-foo05 Dec, 2013by
I book that will change your health and life for the better!
This is by far the most compelling book on nutrition I have ever read! How governments and health practitioners are not applying the things learned from this study to the wider society is beyond me. The language of the book makes it easy to understand even if you have never studied nutrition before.
- pamcct15 Aug, 2013by
Truly life changing information - NO MORE CANCER - a MUST READ BOOK.
I believe that this book is the 2nd most important book for EVERYONE on the planet to read and absorb the implications. This will enable EVERYONE to take back control of their lives, their health, and get back to nature as God intended us to live. Healthy, active, outdoorsy, growing and eating our own food. Colin Campbell is to be forever congratulated on having the perseverence to see this book through to its publication. It is truly a life changing book.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89