The Chinese Economy: Transitions and Growth by Barry J. Naughton (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- Est. delivery by 12 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive overview of the modern Chinese ecomy by a ted expert on China's ecomic development offers a quality and breadth of coverage t found in any other English-language text. In The Chinese Ecomy, Barry Naughton provides both an engaging, broadly focused introduction to China's ecomy since 1949 and original insights based on his own extensive research. The book will be an essential resource for students, teachers, scholars, business people, and policymakers. It is suitable for classroom use for undergraduate or graduate courses. After presenting background material on the pre-1949 ecomy and the industrialization, reform, and market transition that have taken place since, the book examines different aspects of the modern Chinese ecomy. It analyzes patterns of growth and development, including population growth and the one-child family policy; the rural ecomy, including agriculture and rural industrialization; industrial and techlogical development in urban areas; international trade and foreign investment; macroecomic trends and cycles and the financial system; and the largely unaddressed problems of environmental quality and the sustainability of growth. The text is table also for placing China's ecomy in interesting comparative contexts, discussing it in relation to other transitional or developing ecomies and to such advanced industrial countries as the United States and Japan. It provides both a broad historical and macro perspective as well as a focused examination of the actual workings of China's complex and dynamic ecomic development. Interest in the Chinese ecomy will only grow as China becomes an increasingly important player on the world's stage. This book will be the standard reference for understanding and teaching about the next ecomic superpower.
- Author BiographyBarry Naughton is Professor of Chinese Economy and Sokwanlok Chair of Chinese International Affairs at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author of Growing Out of the Plan: Chinese Economic Reform, 1978-1993.
- Author(s)Barry J. Naughton
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/11/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note53 illus.
- Weight794 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.68Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.