All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers an absorbing and provocative look at Christianity's influence on the emergence of Western civilisation. In this profound treatise that analyses the history of Western civilization, Edgar Eckfeldt goes beyond the popular deconstruction and exposes of Christianity by its detractors, and develops a scientific and historical argument that shows the exceptional power of Christianity in the evolution of Western social consciousness, and suggests that a very real power is at work to explain its extraordinary effect and beneficial uniqueness over time in transforming an entire civilization. Eckfeldt, who is also a scientist, argues that, whether or t it is scientifically proven that God exists, if human beings want peace, prosperity, and happiness, it is in the interest of society to act as if He does. For all its faults and limitations, he argues that Christianity and faith in God is the ultimate reason Western civilization, including the sciences practiced by sceptics and atheists, exists.
- Author BiographyEdgar Eckhart is a former research scientist in the industrial controls industry and has written numerous journal articles. Since his retirement he has cultivated a deep interest in art and religion.
- Author(s)Edgar L. Eckhart
- PublisherParagon House Publishers
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParagon House Publishers
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.